Richmond Home

Frequently Asked Questions

I understand there is a fund available to reimburse me for entertaining students; what are the criteria?

The Provost’s Office administers a fund to support full-time faculty and staff members for entertaining students over meals. Guidelines for reimbursement through this program are found in this document.

As a faculty member, whom do I contact for information related to my benefits?

Contact the HR Solution Center in Human Resources Services at (804)289-8747 for information related to benefits, retirement, disability, and tuition remission. For information related to tuition exchange, contact Amanda Maino in Human Resources Services.

What do all these commonly used acronyms mean?

A&S: School of Arts & Sciences

AAC: Academic Affairs Council

AAC&U:  Association of American Colleges & Universities

AAHE: American Association for Higher Education

AAUP: American Association of University Professors

APC: Academic Program Committee of the Board of Trustees

CCE:  Bonner Center for Civic Engagement

EAG: Environmental Awareness Group

ECRSB: E. Claiborne Robins School of Business

FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act

JSLS: Jepson School of Leadership Studies

LEED: Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design

NITLE:  National Institute for Technology & Liberal Education

OIE:  Office of International Education

RC: Richmond College

RSB: Robins School of Business

SACS: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools

SCHEV: State Council of Higher Education for Virginia

SPCS: School of Professional and Continuing Studies

UFC: University Faculty Council

VFIC: Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges

WC: Westhampton College

WILL*: Women Involved in Living & Learning

Where do I find information relating to tenure and promotion guidelines?

The Faculty Handbook is the first source to consult. School-specific policies and procedures are contained in the Appendices. You should also consult with your respective dean for clarification on tenure and promotion policies and procedures for your school.

How do I learn more about the University's Distinguished Educator Award and/or the SCHEV Outstanding Faculty Award?

Our Faculty Recognition page has more information on faculty awards.

I am interested in taking a course (either for credit or non-credit) at the University. What procedure do I need to follow?

See the Educational Benefits Policy section of Chapter II of the Faculty Handbook for comprehensive information.

To whom should I address questions with regard to my employment?

Kim Wilson (289-8796) or Jackie Weinberg (289-8957) in Human Resource Services handle employment matters for all faculty members.